[THIN] Re: Citrix Through Port 80?

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:49:33 -0500

Or you can change the ICA port to 80, and only use the RSA RC5 128
encryption that comes with MF. Of course that doesn't take care of your
browser ports being open and the XML ports will have to be on a
different port, etc.

Basic rule of thumb is two ports.

The remote update works but is not real good in all environments. I
don't trust it and instead use updates from an nfuse webpage as much as
possible.
No. I wont push other software.

For printers and drives, Yes they will map like any other connection.=20

In one location I did a funky setup where each Citrix server had two
listeners. One for internal one for external. I then used the XML DNS
address resolution feature to have external DNS map to the External
listeners and internal DNS map to the internal listener. Then when users
connected through the CSG from the outside they got a shorter set of
time outs and not printers or drives, but internal users got everything
with long time outs.

I wouldn't suggest trying that for your first setup. It was complicated
and required some mappings on the NFuse side and other stuff.

Ron

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
=20