[THIN] Citrix SMTP App Timeout Error

  • From: "alan tropper" <alan.tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:58:21 +0900

Generator Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium) Hi All,

Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I have with two new Virtual Servers in
my farm, everything seems to work fine with a 3rd party 16-bit application
called Finance One apart from when users try to send whats called a remittance
report which hooks into SMTP to send clients e-mails.

When the reports run they sometimes work with no errors but about 7 out of 10
times they will fail with a VB288 SMTP error:

Critical Error: VB288 Internal Error. Source: com TBSMTPSendMail.DoSend,
Description [288], Line: 0

When the same reports are run from the server direct they work every time, and
networks have confirmed there are no issues on the LAN, I have also tested SMTP
from the server to send e-mails which works fine as well.

I have tried a reg hack to increase SMTP timeout on the servers and this hasn'
t helped either and the CPU on the citrix servers are not spiking over 60% when
sending the mails?

The vendor do not currently support the version of the app we are using anymore
but did advise that the DDE ' destination is busy' ???

We are currently running on ESX3.5 with VM' s Win2003 PS4.5 (The app is
dedicated on the servers in question)

Any ideas would be a great help as I' ve hit a brick wall

Thanks in advance

Al