[THIN] Citrix Print-IT vs UPD

  • From: James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 22:24:47 +1000

Greetings List Legends!!!
I have a query from a colleague and I am unable to answer the question.
Is there a way to reduce the length of the clients printer name natively via
citrix? Ie Policy or something?
His email below
"Print-It is being painful (for various reasons) so we want to go back to
Citrix UPD. I had a play with Citrix UPD today and am impressed - some massive
improvements in compatibility from the 4.0 days :)
Last problem remaining tho (hopefully) - client printer names being too long.
I REALLY don't want to use Legacy printer mapping - and would prefer not to use
"remote computer name as client id" in WI. Is there any other way to shave down
the client printer name when it auto-maps through WI? It would be OK, but the
WI_<instert 20 chars here> part is just too much.
that's one nice thing about print-it - all it appends to the printer name is
[username:session #] (e.g. [user:4]"
Can any list legends assist?
Link all your email accounts and social updates with Hotmail. Find out now.