[THIN] Re: Citrix PS 4 hotfixes

  • From: "Carl Stalhood" <cstalhood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 18:34:15 -0600

Citrix uses the term Service Pack differently than other vendors.

To Citrix, a Service Pack updates a server to a particular code version
without enabling the features of the new version. For example, you could
update a PS 3.0 server with SP 2005.04 but not install the new licenses.
This server would have the PS 4.0 code installed but only PS 3.0 features.

When PS 4.5 is released, there will probably be a Service Pack to update the
server to PS 4.5 code but leaving the feature set at an older version.

  _____