[THIN] Re: Citrix Network Technology Possibilties

On the satellite, was it acceptable for say a 10 person office running
office apps all day?

  _____

From: Jeff Durbin [mailto:techlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 5:29 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Citrix Network Technology Possibilties

  I was going to suggest this as well. Back in the early 90's we used to
multiplex multiple PC Anwhere users over a single 28.8 modem, but I
can't remember the brand of modem/multiplexor we used. I hadn't seen it,
but I figured that you could do the opposite and combine multiple phone
lines.
  As for the latency on satellite, I've done it for a customer. The
latency was really high (300-400ms, as I recall, but that could be
wrong). It was pretty bad, but it did work.

Jeff Durbin