[THIN] Citrix Network Technology Possibilties

  • From: "Matt Kosht" <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:02:10 -0500

I have a customer site a rural town in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
where I have real dilemma.

The not-so-pretty facts:
1) No DSL or Cable provider
2) No local dialup or ISDN internet service

There are 3.5 (1 is part-time) users at this site who use a Citrix
published desktop (they run primarily MS Office and a custom
client/server app).  I ended up going with a 56K frame relay circuit.
This is proving to be very slow and expensive (now appx $700
USD/month).

I have heard that 2 way satellite latency is just too high for Citrix
applications. Is that still the case?  Any technology or options that I
haven't considered worth looking at?

Thanks in advance for assistance.