[THIN] Citrix Metaframe XP

  • From: Róbert Þór Gunnarsson <robert@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:58:51 -0000

We are using Citrix Metafram XP V1.0, citrix sp 2, windows 2K sp 3.  The
hardware is Dell PowerEdge 2550 with 1 GB RAM.  I do only publish applications
to users and they use both the Citrix Program Neighborhood and Citrix Nfuse.
Most of the users connect through 64 Kbps leased line.  This is a new
installation with only 15 users.  I am running our old Winnt 4 terminal server
w. Citrix Metaframe 1.0 beside this installation but there is no software
connection.  The old server is without any problem.

The problem with the new one is that sometimes when users connect (does not
matter if Nfuse or through the ordinary client) then they do not get the
application window but in the ica connection center shows connection.
Sometimes it is only the default blue screen that appears and it hangs up until
closed, then the users get message regarding the disconnection as if he is
closing a active session.  The administrator is able to send messae from the
Citrix Management Console.  When I test this and look at the session
information that is failing then we have only 2 image running, csrss.exe and
winlogon.exe.  If the connection is not failing then I have 4 images,
csrss.exe, winlogon.exe, wfshell.exe + the application that is running.  I have
managed to have all the users connected at the same time without failing.  I do
not get any errors int he Event viewer other than "not able to create printer
....."  The same message appears  when the session is succeeded.

Sometimes if I use the Windows Terminal Services client I  get the logon window
and then black or blue terminal window.  The only way to get back into the
server is to reboot the server, after that it may be fine for a few weeks
regarding the Wind. terminal Services client but the problem with the ICA
client is happening every day.

Does anyone have any clue ?

best regards

Robert