[THIN] Citrix - Limiting a sessions bandwidth

  • From: Toby <toby.percival@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:08:25 +0100

Hi List,

We have a number of branches connecting via a 1mb MPLS link to our head
office. There are approximately 10 users on each site. Due to the nature of
out business (multimedia), we use an application that involves images, and
in particular, scrolling up and down, which in turn causes the network to
slow down resulting in poor performance.

The application that consumes the majority of the bandwidth is not used by
everyone all the time. With this in mind, I set a 200k bandwidth limit on
all sessions within each site. I originally started with 40k and worked up
to what I believe to be workable limit.

I have come up with two options, but neither seem to be right;

Option 1.

Limit 10 users to 100k per session. If this is done and only 5 users use the
100k, and the other 5 only 50k each, we are wasting 250k.

Option 2.

Limit 10 users to 200k per session. If this is done and the first five users
use 200k, the other 5 users will have little to no bandwidth.

Option 3.

Any ideas?

Any help appriciated.

Kind regards