[THIN] Re: Citrix Licensing

Jobe,

            If I choose to install the licenses is it going to
remove/disable them from the other licensing server in the other domain?

MS's TS licensing model isn't "intelligent" enough to proactivly remove
or disable license sets on the fly based on another TS license server
coming online. An MS TS license server is either responding to TS
license requests for it's domain, or it's not.

2003 TS cals are also different from windows 2000 TS cals. Windows 2003
servers can be setup to hand out both win2k TS cals, and win2k3 TS cals;
but windows 2k TS license servers can only support dishing out 2k TS
cals.

HTH

PS - your subject post mentions Citrix, but your questions appear
primarily focussed on the MS TS cals. As an FYI if you're also looking
at going to something like (oh...MPS 3.0) the citrix licensing does of
course change, and you need to go through the process of upgrading /
consolidating your Citrix licenses on the "my citrix" site. This process
also . . won't adversly affect your current Citrix servers in the old
domain and their Citrix license assignments. Similar to MS TS licensing,
the Citrix licensing engine has no connection back to the "Citrix
mothership" so to speak . . so updating your licensing to support MPS
3.0 won't auto deativate the old farm.