[THIN] Re: Citrix HDX

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:31:31 -0700

Exactly- well said..!

Steve Greenberg

Thin Client Computing

34522 N. Scottsdale Rd D8453

Scottsdale, AZ 85266

(602) 432-8649

www.thinclient.net

steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  _____

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Greg Reese
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 11:08 AM
To: Thin
Subject: [THIN] Re: Citrix HDX

Remember, Citrix is pushing all this bring you ownpc stuff.  The high def
stuff is easier when you are sitting near or in said cloud.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 10, 2009, at 11:24 AM, "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Interesting. His conclusion is that High Def experience can be delivered
from the cloud. While I know this is possible I still wonder if the average
user really has high enough bandwidth and low enough latency to really do
this. I think the reality is that a local PC is generally going to be a
better place to execute and render graphics for intensive workloads for
"consumers" for a while longer. I am excited though about the possibilities
that will come in time and there is some cool stuff you can do now with fast
local networks...

Steve Greenberg

Thin Client Computing

34522 N. Scottsdale Rd D8453