[THIN] Re: Citirx Drives

Add the following to one of your policy templates or create a text file
from it and call it drives.adm... there is a spreadsheet on thethin.net
http://thethin.net/hidedrive.xls <http://thethin.net/hidedrive.xls>
that will help you figure out the numbers to use.
Regards,
Jim Kenzig
http://thethin.net <http://thethin.net>

CLASS USER
CATEGORY !!Drives
 CATEGORY !!Restrictions

  POLICY !!HideDrives

  ;
  ; This policy is will show only specified drives
  ; on the client machine.  The registry key that this policy
  ; effects uses a decimal number which corresponds to a 26 bit
  ; binary string, with each bit representing a drive letter:
  ;
  ; 11111111111111111111111111
  ; ZYXWVUTSRQPONMLKJIHGFEDCBA
  ;
  ; The above configuration corresponds to 67108863d and will
  ; hide all drives.  If you wanted to hide the C: drive you would make
  ; the 3rd lowest bit a 0 and then convert the binary string to
decimal.
  ;
  ; Note: it is not necessary to create an option to show all drives
(0d),
  ; because clearing the check box will delete the "NoDrives" entry
  ; entirely, and therefore, all drives will be automatically shown.
  ;
  ; If you want to configure this policy to show a different combination
  ; of drives, simply create the desired binary string, convert to
decimal
  ; and add a new entry to the ITEMLIST.
  ;

  KEYNAME Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

   PART !!HideDrivesOptions DROPDOWNLIST
   VALUENAME "NoDrives"
   ITEMLIST
    Name !!HideDrives_all VALUE NUMERIC 67108863
    NAME !!HideDrives_C VALUE NUMERIC 67108859 ; (67108863 - 4)
    NAME !!HideDrives_U VALUE NUMERIC 66060287
    NAME !!HideDrives_CU VALUE NUMERIC 66060283
    NAME !!HideDrives_COU VALUE NUMERIC 66043899
    NAME !!HideDrives_W VALUE NUMERIC 62914559  ;added by me
    NAME !!HideDrives_WC VALUE NUMERIC 62914555  ;added by me
   END ITEMLIST
   REQUIRED
   END PART
   PART !!DriveRestrictions_Tip1 TEXT END PART
   PART !!DriveRestrictions_Tip2 TEXT END PART
   ;
   ; This policy conflicts with the shell\restrictions\hide drives
   ; policy.  This is mentioned here to alert administrators.
   ;
   END POLICY
 END CATEGORY
END CATEGORY

;The following would go under strings at the bottom of the file
[strings]
Drives="Drives"
Restrictions="Restrictions"
HideDrives="Show only selected drives"
HideDrivesOptions="Choose Drives that will be shown:"
HideDrives_all="Don't show any drives"
HideDrives_C="Only C:"
HideDrives_U="Only U:"
HideDrives_W="Only W:"
HideDrives_WC="Show ONLY W: and C:"
HideDrives_CU="Both C: and U:"
HideDrives_COU="Both C: O: and U:"
DriveRestrictions_Tip1="NOTE: This policy conflits with the
Shell\Restrictions\Hide Drives"
DriveRestrictions_Tip2="policy defined in common.adm"