[THIN] Re: Certificates and profiles

  • From: "Webster" <Webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:21:48 -0500

Looks like Microsoft has an update for this on 2003 since I last worked on
this (Jan 08).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907247

Webster

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jeff Pitsch
Subject: [THIN] Certificates and profiles

Ok, here's a good one.  Or at least I think it is.

I'm contracting at a bank that needs to import individual certificates for
users into their store.  Easy enough except the users don't have roaming
profiles and they definitely roam between citrix boxes.  Oh and the profiles
get deleted every night.  Any ideas on how/what to export/import or somehow
save these certs for the users so they don't have to manually accept them
every day?

Hopefully this all makes sense......

If we have to go roaming we will but we are trying to avoid that right now.

I may be thinking of the wrong thing here Jeff but didn't Microsoft remove
the ability (or remove the utility to allow it) to use certificate
credential roaming with Server 2003?  Or is that only with PKI stuff?  Don't
you have to use Vista and Server 2008 to use certificate credential roaming?

Webster