[THIN] Re: CSG really necessary?

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 13:06:27 -0500

That's not what CSG does. It really hides your metaframe servers from
the internet, no public IP needed. Right now if I watch your 1494
traffic or know your IP I can use a PN client to get to your MF server
and just try (or steal) a user name a password.

CSG makes the user use nfuse and if you want force a RSA login also.

On top of that is the SSL piece that is a bonus to allow ICA traffic to
get through most firewalls.

Ron

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect