[THIN] Re: CPU tacked at 100% - task manager show nothing!

  • From: Mark Lee <marklee15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 15:36:31 +0100 (BST)

Paul,

I've been looking into this problem for a colleague - sounds very similar.  Try
running CQE from www.wizbang.org.uk, this will allow detection and control or
termination etc. of the rouge ADISEC.EXE process, user session etc.

Mark

 Paul DeHaan wrote:
The problem was an Oracle ADI executable (adisec.exe) was taking about
97% of processor time. After killing the session for the user that
owned the process, the machine was fine. I later tracked down that the
reason for this spike was due to a user entering an invalid username and
password. I was able to replicate the problem easily. The adisec.exe
has some serious issues that locks the users session and taxes the
processor if the user/pass is incorrect. I am waiting for a response
from Oracle. In the past they have said that none of the Oracle apps
are supported on Citrix. ADI 7.1.3 is showing certified on Citrix. I'm
hoping it will fix this problem.

Paul

>>> lynch00@xxxxxxx 10/02/02 04:26PM >>>

What was the problem?

CHRIS LYNCH - MCSE, CCNA, CCA
NETWORK ENGINEER - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
NRT Incorporated, 27271 Las Ramblas, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Chris.lynch@xxxxxxxxxx Tel 949.367.3406