[THIN] Re: CAG as a VM

  • From: "Mike Hancock" <MHancock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 14:34:20 -0500

One of our clients has about 300 users running thru it and we have no
complaints. We use WI 4.5 in front of 16 Dell blade servers for the 4.0
presentation servers. Remember that once the connection between the end
user and the presentation server is complete the CAG is no longer
involved. So the only place that it could slow anything down would be
the login. We have about 15-20 second logons with Flex-Profiles.

Another CAG I maintain is an ASP for medical apps and it works fine as
well. (portal.clinicanywhere.com)

I do not know about the licensing, eek.

Mike

From: Mike Hancock MHancock@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 13:52:06 -0500
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am running 4 separate CAGs on client networks on ESX VMs. Works great!

I have been building all of my "CTX Infrastructure" on VMs for the last
2 years and have no regrets.

Mike Hancock