[THIN] Re: CA Inoculate IT-haven't heard much about this lately

  • From: "Tony Lyne (Computerland)" <Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:55:41 +1300

IF you absolutely have to have a realtime scanner configured on your
terminal servers this is how you should configure IL6. Avoid doing it if
possible. Your F&P and Messaging servers should be secured enough with IL6
and a groupware agent like InoculateIT agent for Exchange and with an inline
virus/content scanner like mailmarshal etc..

On the terminal server, use the Vet engine if possible as it is lighter than
the InoculateIT one. Setup your InoculateIT organisational configuration
with policies to lock down the configuration of the virus scanner on the
terminal servers. This is done through the InoculateIT 6 administration
console. Scanning direction would be most likely both ways (On the file and
print servers always going incomming only). This could be easily changed
through the administration console once setup properly.

I recall CA having a techincal article as well on configuring IL6 for
terminal servers.

Tony.