[THIN] Re: Battle of the Thin Clients - Neoware vs. Wyse - Battle of Rapport and eZRemote Manager

  • From: "Mike MacDonald" <Mike.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:49:39 -0400

Trevor and I have talked about our mutual  woes with Rapport. I would basically
just like to echo what he said. The client devices themselves, in our case the
9450XE's, are excellent. Rapport is, in my opinion, a not ready for prime-time
product that is not enterprise class in any sense of the word.

My experience with their support has been pretty bad as well. There are days
where I wait for hours on hold only to get half of an answer. Other days I get
through releatively quickly. One thing for sure, don't ever use there
web-support feature if you want any help in a reasonable amount of time. Last
time I submitted my problem via their web page it took over 2 weeks for a
response.

Not to change the topic, but I would be curious to know more about the Neoware
software product to manage TC's.

-Mike MacDonald