[THIN] Re: Battle of the Thin Clients - Neoware vs. Wyse

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:34:24 -0400

I recently replaced all of my Wyse terminals with Neoware.  We had
nothing but problems with Wyse from day one. We put up with it for a few
years and then decided to bite the bullet and replace them.

We have had very few problems with Neoware.  We use the Capio 508
running Neolinux. They have been  great.  The management software is
also very good and they work with other things like Altiris.

ezRemote Manager does not cost extra from Neoware and is very good.  The
fact that you can shadow the units at the firmware level from the
ezRemote manager or any VNC client is really nice and they have a
ezConfig thing that will autoconfig a unit.  I have new units drop
shipped to my facilities, as soon as they boot up, they autoconfig
themselves, connections and all, for my environment.  None of this costs
extra.  My understanding with Rapport is that it is a separately
licensed product you have to buy.

Greg