[THIN] Autoreplies to the lists

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 22:34:46 -0400

Hi Folks,
Sorry I did not catch these sooner.  Freelists was down most of the day
because of a router problem I guess and I did not catch when they came back
up.

At any rate I suspect what happened was that most people did not update
their email rules to freelists.org  instead of yahoogroups.com when we did
the switch.  I am sure this added to the confusion because every person on
my lists are a lot smarter than that and  ought to know better than to send
out of office replies out to the internet not to mention to a mailing list
at that. ; )

At any rate if someone is spamming with out of office replies, really anyone
can simply go to the link I give at the bottom of the messages and put their
email address in the form and coose from the dropdown turn on vacation mode
for them.   This will stop the emails. (don't get any ideas, for example you
can't arbitrarily  just add people to the list or unsubscribe them without
them first responding to a confirmation email from freelists)

Happy 4th US'ers!

Regards,
Jim Kenzig
Moderator