[THIN] Re: Auto created printers are printing much slower!

Are you setting it as client created printers, or set to print directly to
network printer?

  _____

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Matthew Shrewsbury
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 3:45 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Auto created printers are printing much slower!

I've found that auto created printers are printing very slowly over wan
links. We use mostly network printers but all the users at remote sites have
auto created printers. If I create a printer on the Citrix server and point
to it with TCP/IP printing it prints much faster 2-3 minutes vs 10+ minutes
using auto created printers for the same print job.

Users are reporting that this is new and started about two weeks ago. Around
that time frame the only change I made was to upgrade Citrix XPA FR3/SP3 to
SP4 and apply Win2K SP4 Rollup 1. Any idea how I can get my auto created
printer to print faster again?

Senior Network Administrator