[THIN] Re: Authentication Custom ICA Connection/Application Set

  • From: "Rick Mack" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:09:22 +1000

Hi Aleks,

A custom connection, if you use the application server's IP adress, ony
requires access to the server via port 1494. User authentication is done during
the logon process.

An application set also requires the client to be able to enumerate published
applications.

This means the client will have to be able to "talk" to the XML service (port
80) on one of the application servers, and, depending on farm configuration,
also the XML service on the data collector.

The default discovery mechanism for app servers is a DNS lookup on the hostname
"ica". Otherwise a browser list of app servers will have to be defined for the
ICA client and this still might still not work if the data collector isn't one
of the servers visible.

Data collector access aside, it's easy to embed a default browse list into a
preconfigured client. PN enumeration should then work.

An application set also requires authentication, so in your scenario
passthrough authentication would have to be disabled.

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
Volante Systems