[THIN] Re: Audio over Citrix

  • From: "Rick Mack" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:52:32 +1000

Hi Rob,

No sound cards needed on servers.

You don't state what sort of winterm, Wyse?

If the winterm is capable of audio, and audio is enabled (CMC policy,
server listener settings etc) then it's certainly possible to have audio
output on a winterm. Performance of a WAN connection is pretty poor (did
I mean awful?) but if the winterms are LAN connected it'll work.

PS4 does a signifcantly better job of audio, even without content
redirection. For example you've got support for microphones, the
Phillips dictation system and much better multimedia performance.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
Volante Systems