[THIN] Re: Audio not working from WI client sessions

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 17:57:25 -0400

There are 2 places where client audio gets downloaded to the client and
set.  One of them is in the ICA Protocol of the "Terminal Services
Configuration tool"setting on the server and the other is in the Users
profile in active directoty.

You may also have Citrix policies that are applied to eliminate audio.  I
cant remember exactly where those are applied right now.  ALSO when you
publish an app I think there is something in there about audio in one of the
settings so you may have to poke around in your farm settings or app
settings.

You will want to do a change user /install on all of your servers and set
the sound scheme to none.  Then do a change user /execute.   Next you want
to remove all the startup wav files from the Windows/System32/Media folder
so there is no startup sound when they logon (or else they will get the
windows startup sound.)  After that audio should be good to go.

Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/kenzig
Twitter: http://twitter.com/InternetPilot