[THIN] Audio input with Windows Terminal Server

  • From: Peter Astrand <peter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:52:38 +0200 (CEST)

I'm searching for a solution which allows me to use audio input (a
microphone) with applications running on a Windows Terminal Server. As I
understand it, neither ICA or RDP supports this. The only solution I've
found is NCD ThinPATH Plus, but it has some drawbacks:

* Only supports Windows 2000 server; not 2003.

* The service ampserver.exe crashes on my client computer, as soon as I
try to use the audio.

* No Linux "client" is available.

Are there any other alternatives?

Peter Åstrand           Chief Developer
Cendio                  www.thinlinc.com
Teknikringen 3          www.cendio.se
583 30 Linköping        Phone: +46-13-21 46 00

This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software