[THIN] Re: At the Microsoft MVP Summint -Any more suggestions for future of TS

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:39:00 -0700

Thought of a few more:

Build a resilient print subsystem (reign in those third party drivers)

Fix roaming profiles once and for all.  To take a page from for JRR
Tolkien's book:  "One profile to rule them all"

Quit playing games with Windows 2008 and UPHClean 2.0.   Windows 2008 isn't
even out and organization can benefit from UPHClean 2.0 over 1.6d.  (Yes 2.0
is out there but it's labeled "beta").  Find a way to make UPHClean 2.0
production ready.

Oh and find "The Scripting Guys" and slap them silly for me as well.
(http://www.theshonkproject.com/index.php?option=com_content
<http://www.theshonkproject.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31
&Itemid=1> &task=view&id=31&Itemid=1)

Or better yet, go find the Vista team and slap them all over the place and
then tell them XP works better.

But, if you come across Mark Russinovich (or Bryce Cogswell) give him a big
hug.  But not too big,  I don't want him to get the wrong idea.  Then
politely ask him if he could update newsid.exe (not remove the System Event
Tracker error that pops up after a reboot) because, well, Sysprep still
sucks.

Joe

Boy, I'm in a bitter mode today.

  _____