[THIN] Re: Applying TsProfilePath via TSCMD with Variables

  • From: "Durbin, Jeff" <jdurbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 12:18:21 -0700

Thomas Eck, author of 'Windows NT/2000 ADSI Scripting for System
Administration' (which, in my opinion, is a MUST HAVE for any consultant
or administrator), has written about this very subject. With ADSI, you
can get to and set just about all parts of the user's properties, with
the exception of the TS Profile Path and the TS Home Drive. You CAN set
it using API calls, but you can't use API calls in VBScript. The answer
to this is to encapsulate the API calls in a COM object (a DLL) that CAN
be accessed by VBScript. He's written just such a COM object and you can
download it. I use it all the time to set TS Profile Paths and TS Home
Drives from VBScript.

His book about ADSI scripting:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1578702194/qid=3D1052766646=
/
sr=3D8-1/ref=3Dsr_8_1/102-9993642-0325759?v=3Dglance&s=3Dbooks&n=3D507846=

Part 1 of his article explaining the problem and the solution:
http://www.winscriptingsolutions.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=3D20139=
&
pg=3D1&show=3D664

Part 2 of the article, where he tells you how to compile the DLL:
http://www.winscriptingsolutions.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=3D20509=
&
pg=3D1&show=3D824

JD