[THIN] Re: Applying TsProfilePath via TSCMD with Variables

Perhaps I am missing the boat on this and feel free to tell me if I am....but...

If you are setting the profile path for a list of users, you probably already
know the path to the profile directory, and then the only thing that changes is
the username, correct?

I use this (somewhat modified for security reasons) line in my setup script:

\\PROFILESERVERNAMEHERE\users\termserv\newuser\tscmd %server% %newusername%
TerminalServerProfilePath
\\PROFILESERVERNAMEHERE\users\termserv\Profiles\%newusername%

(note this probably wraps, but it really is all on one line)

Where %server% is set to the PDC for the NT4 Domain of the new user being
created (we have more than one domain)
and %newusername% is set to the username of the account being modified.

So, perhaps, you could create a text file with a list of usernames, say name it
USERS.TXT

Then you would use a simple FOR /F  loop to make the change to each users
profile...for example:

FOR /F "eol=;" %%l in (C:\USERS.TXT) DO
\\PROFILESERVERNAMEHERE\users\termserv\newuser\tscmd MYPDC %%l
TerminalServerProfilePath \\PROFILESERVERNAMEHERE\users\termserv\Profiles\%%l

(again, the above line will probably wrap)

Hope this helps.

Dennis Parker, MCSE, CCA
Senior Systems Analyst
Fiserv EFT
4550 SW Macadam Ave, Ste 100
Portland, Or. 97239
Direct: 503-274-6785
Fax:    503-274-6619

This e-mail is confidential and may well be legally privileged.   If you have
received it in error, you are on notice of its status.   Please notify us
immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system.
Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to
any other person.   To do so could violate state and Federal privacy laws.
Thank you for your cooperation.   Please contact me if you need assistance.