[THIN] Re: Applying Restrictions Via IP

  • From: Jeff Pitsch <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:41:42 -0500

IE, while it has zone control, is not really designed for what you want to
do.  that's why firewall's and proxy's were invented ;)

the problem you have is that you can't make any exceptions based on client
IP because the client IP will always be the terminal server.  You could, I
suppose, do some fancy scripting that populates the restricted sites
dynamically when a user logs in.  Otherwise, group policy own't help you.
Your best bet would be the either the scripting solution or possibly a 3rd
party solution (not sure which though since everything depends on client
iP).

Jeff