[THIN] Applications polling HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\Compatibility\Applications excessively

  • From: "Michel Roth" <mrdizzz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 15:21:38 +0200

Hi List,

I have an application that is polling
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal
Server\Compatibility\Applications\*application name* 3 times per second.

Note that there is not an entry in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal
Server\Compatibility\Applications for the application in question. It does
not matter if I provide it with a dummy registry key for that application,
it just keeps on polling until the process is ended.

My questions are
* isn't polling the compatibility key 3 times per second a little much?
* why is it polling that registry key (so much) in the first place ?
* Do I need to put something in that key to keep it from polling it? If so
what?  (installing applications in application mode should take care of
this?)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,
Michel Roth.