[THIN] Application will only run on console on a Dell server

  • From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 00:00:51 +0100

Hello,

I was wondering whether anyone might have a suggestion or two ( not about
hardware choice)

A department has bought some Dell Servers for their specific Citrix
applications.

Windows 2000 SP4 TS , MPS 3.0 plus all rollups
Office 2000 SP3 including Word Excel and Outlook.

Ive been installing the applications and have found that an Outlook addin will
only run from the console. This includes administrators who can run the app on
the console.
The addin is an ODMA addin.
Reverting back to an older version and it works.

Now for the strange part.

I have replicated the configurations on two different virtual machines on HP
servers and the application/addin works fine via RDP/ICA session.

Ive rebuilt the Dell servers twice, turned off Hyperthreading, installed,
reinstalled. regmon / filemon and the ODMA addin  only fails on the Dell
servers (i have three of of them )
The Dells are PowerEdge 1850's Dual 3Ghz processors. All drivers are installed
(.. why o why does the Dell assistant CD insist on installing only the US
keyboard settings .... ?)

This has got me stumped.

Any takers ?