[THIN] Application Limits Not Working

  • From: Shane.Rees@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 22:56:52 +1000

Hi All - I am having problems getting the "Allow only one instance of
application for each user" option to work in our Citrix farm. Presentation
Server 4 - running latest patch levels - Win2k3 with latest patch levels.
The problem seems limited to published apps which run a batch file (the
batch file generally loads some config, launches an exe and then exits).
There are no errors/logs - it simply allows multiple instances of the
published app to be launched.  I have tried this with and without session
sharing enabled - same problem.   I am presuming it is because
Presentation server cannot find an instance of the batch file in memory
that the apps is configured to run, when the second connection is
launched, but don't fully understand how it works.  Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Shane Rees
Senior Systems Engineer

Server Management - Network & Infrastructure Support
Mincom Managed Services
Level 6, 193 Turbot Street,
Brisbane, QLD 4000, Australia
Phone +61 (0) 7 3364 9876
Fax +61 (0) 7 3364 9777
http://www.mincom.com

Mincom. The People. The Experience. The Vision.

delete it and notify the sender. The contents of this e-mail are the
opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of
companies unless expressly stated otherwise.