[THIN] Re: Alternative fileservers (EMC Celerra)

  • From: "Bruce Bodart" <rupert04@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:27:29 -0500

I don't have any experience with EMC or Netapp but we have Lefthand Networks
iSCSI san in place.  I am not using it currently for my Citrix profile
storage but am looking to move the remaining of my file servers to it as my
direct attached storage shelves are coming end of life.  We are using it for
our Graphics depart which house all their files on it which amounts to about
3.5 TB and I have another volumes on it for other departments which is about
another 1TB of storage.
We looked at EMC and Netapp before we brought them in.  Lefthand fit the
bill for price, storage space, and setup.
Interesting to here about the hang ups and pauses that is something I will
have to look at when I start looking to move over to this.

Just my 2 cents worth and another option to look at if you thinking of
bringing in a SAN.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 3:25 AM, Erik Blom <erik.blom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are currently evaluating a possible migration from our Windows 2003
> fileserver towards another fileserving system. Our main concerns are
> security, high-availability and performance. We talked to EMC about this and
> they mentioned migrating towards a Celerra system.
>
> Does anyone of you has any experience - good or bad - with such a system?
>
> Regards,
>
> Erik

> //www.freelists.org/list/thin

Bruce