[THIN] Re: Alternative fileservers (EMC Celerra)

Hi Erik,

I guess I'd better explain why I mentioned Polyserver earlier.

HP's Polyserve uses a proprietary file system that allows simultaneous
access by multiple servers. So you can have a SAN volume that allows 2,4,6
or more systems to access it at the same time and load balance the network
i/o load over all those systems. It's a true active-active clustering
technology.

It gives you full HA, DR and rather good scalability. Nothing that Microsoft
has even comes close. So if you want to double your capacity, you just add
another server. If you're using blades, you can just keep allocating blades
to the cluster until you have a comfortable level of spare capacity.

regards,

Rick

--
Ulrich Mack