[THIN] Re: After PSE400W2K3R06 : MPSError type="IMA"0x80000032

  • From: Matt Kosht <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 16:06:55 -0500

Sorry to dredge up an older post.  I just happened upon a similar
issue today. Turns out there is an issue with Rollup 6 for PS4.0 and
XML "corruption". It only affects you if you have Published Apps with
names longer than 37 characters (I had one at 50 characters). Once I
removed the non Rollup 6 from the farm PN Agent and WI immediately
stopped authenticating or launching (if you were already
authenticated).  I shortened up that application name and reintroduced
Rollup 6 servers in the WI/PNA farm definitions and it that fixed the
issue.

So in summary you have 2 choices if you want to keep PS4.0/Rollup 6 (A
hotfix is in the offing but it wasn't available as of today)

1. Shorten up app names to <37 characters
2. keep Rollup 5 or less servers in your WI/PN Agent farm listings for
getting the XML service.

-Matt

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Bohmer, Andre ten
<Andre.tenBohmer@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks, I've ran MedEvac and dscheck and all seems ok, just de-installed R06
> and the PS 4.0 w2k3 farm is functioning normal again... Maybe one server was
> corrupting xml traffic, but could not find any clues in the ima store
> (dscheck) or via MedEvac.
>
> Thanks for your support!
> Andre

Follow ThinList on Twitter