[THIN] A dashboard for published applications

  • From: "Daniel Sidler" <daniel.sidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:51:36 +0200

Hi all

Imagine you run an application for which you own a number of concurrent
licenses. You install the app on your Metaframe server farm, publish it
and limit the number of instances to equal the number of licenses you
own. If user # n+1 tries to load the application, they get notified that
there are no more instances available.

So far so good. What I want to provide to my users is a dashboard that
shows them _who_ us currently using the instances so they can shout
across the office to have it released.

I assume Presentation Server provides the necessary information trough
its API. I now would like to present the information on a simple web
page (or even within Citrix' Web Interface), that shows the number of
licenses available and a list of users currently connected to this
particular application.

Impossible? Esoteric? Ridiculous?

Cheers,
Dan
This weeks sponsor: SuperSpeed
Try Us To improve performance along with other agents!
FREE 30-day Trial!
http://www.superspeed.com/servers/computing.php?ID0