[THIN] Re: 32-bit apps

  • From: Michael Pardee <pardeemp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 13:49:26 -0400

Agreed. That is exactly what we do.

On Jun 7, 2011, at 1:44 PM, Webster <webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

XenApp 5 on Server 2003 32-bit.  Rock solid, stable and reliable.  Nothing
wrong with it at all.

Carl Webster

Consultant and Citrix Technology Professional

http://dabcc.com/Webster

*From:* thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On
Behalf Of *Landin, Mark
*Subject:* [THIN] Re: 32-bit apps

OK. Now that we’ve established that,

How would you recommend a company continue to deploy 32-bit applications
which are not supported by the vendor on 64-bit operating systems?

------------------------------

*From:* thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On
Behalf Of *Webster

XenApp 6 and all future versions are 64-bit only since all future Windows
versions are 64-bit only.

*From:* thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On
Behalf Of *Landin, Mark

I understand they may *work,* but our vendor will not *support *them on
64-bit platforms, in which case we don’t want to be running them. Is XenApp6
a 64-bit-only platform?

------------------------------

*From:* thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On
Behalf Of *Webster

32-bit apps work just fine on XenApp 6 and the Tech Preview of XenApp 6.5.

*From:* thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On
Behalf Of *Landin, Mark
*Subject:* [THIN] 32-bit apps

Our understanding is that future version of Citrix XenApp will be
64-bit-only platforms. However, we have some applications we still use that
are not supported on 64-bit platforms. Is there currently, or will there be,
a 64-bit-only limitation for XenApp, and if so, how would you recommend we
continue to deploy our 32-bit apps?