[THIN] Re: 2003 and MF 1.8

  • From: "Greg Yorke (V)" <GYorke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 13:01:56 -0700

I had to do the same thing here. To make the transition smooth, I created a
totally new, separate XP farm, then used NFuse so the users can see both
farms at the same time.

As new apps are introduced, they are installed on XP, and old apps are
installed onto XP slowly. This enables us to test them  before introducing
the users to the servers.

This also enabled me to rebuild the old servers, with out having to buy new
ones.

G.