From: King, Jesse [mailto:JKing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: dinsdag 2 maart 2004 14:50
To: 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [THIN] 2003 TS CAL per user

Hi Gang,

Moving from windows 2000, to 2003 and had a question about the TS CAL per
user.

1) Do you need to specify up front which you want when ordering? Device o=
User? or is this selectable when installing the TS license server?
2) In our environment, we have a generic login for a specific business ar=
ea
- If we choose a per user, will this prevent the generic account to login=
multiple devices?

I am more and more concerned with 2003 licensing because a lot of users
login remotely through CSG, which eats up another device cal. And with no=
allowing XP/2000 built in any more, that could be very very costly. This =
is
why I like the per user model, but I don't see how this would work with t=
he
generic login. Just more of an excuse to move away from generic logins -
hate em.

I've been reading Ron and Brian's TS2003 - Just got done with the license
section. Good stuff...

Thanks.

Jess
This weeks sponsor triCerat Inc.
triCerat makes your job easier by offering essential
applications to eliminate your printing, policy and profile,
and your application management problems.
http://www.triCerat.com=20

***
Disclaimer:=20
This electronic transmission and any files attached to it are strictly=20
confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you are not=20
the intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy or take any
action in reliance of this transmission. If you have received this=20
transmission in error, please notify the sender by return and delete
the transmission.  Although the sender endeavors to maintain a
computer virus free network, the sender does not warrant that this
transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages=20
resulting from any virus transmitted.=20
Thank You.
***