[THIN] Re: 2 Access Gateways different default logon points?

  • From: James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 10:00:56 +1000

It would be great if you could send through the code for the basepage.aspx, if
you have it handy? Thats exactly what we are trying to achieve....

Thanks again for your very helpful information!!

James

From: peter_dibbens@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: 2 Access Gateways different default logon points?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 08:41:47 +1000

Hi,
Simply  put you can’t segregate the CAGs within AAC they will be treated as a
single entity. Also if both the CAGs are using different FQDNS (likely) then
that can cause issues with the Secure Access Client.

However all said and done I have had to make this work for a larger customer in
the past. The way around it is to add some code to the basepage.aspx to detect
the mac address of the CAG i.e the one you may want the logon point to be
displayed upon.
There are other potentials ways that this could be achieved by say third party
load balances or even NetScaler.

If you want the code for basepage.aspx let me know.

The reason this was implemented was to allow internet facing logon point RSA 2
Factor internal Logon point Single Factor.

Thanks Peter