[THIN] Re: 1000 MS Office users on Citrix

  • From: "Jim Kenzig ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:28:28 -0500

We do it at the library I work for. There are a thousand users, rarely are
there that many logged on though. We average about 250 at any given time.
We run shifts and users share workstations with a standard desktop. Profiles
and users files are all stored a central location making backup immensely
You just need a large enough raid array. We also offer Outlook to all our
users via Citrix.  While you are at it you could set up Citrix Secure
Gateway/WI and allow you to let your users work from home(or anywhere they
could an internet connection) if you wanted that.
On Jan 22, 2008 11:43 AM, Cwalinski, Zygmunt <zcwalinski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>  Do you think it's worth to publish MS Office for about 1000 users and get
> rid of MS Office from workstations?
> Do you know any major companies that have a large number of MS Office
> users on Citrix?
> If yes, I would apprieciate two or three companies names.
> I will be really greatfull for information.
> Zygmunt Cwalinski, CCA
> Systems Analyst, Citrix and Terminal Services Network Services,
> Infrastructure Support, IT Metroland Media Group Ltd.

Jim Kenzig
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services
Citrix Technology Professional
CEO The Kenzig Group