[The Teacher List] Inukshuk Telecollaborative Project

  • From: Pete MacKay <pete@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: theteacherlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 07:00:31 -0600

it's time to tell you about another telecollaborative project!  The Inukshuk
Project was developed as a result of 2nd grade students from Meadowlark
Elementary School (Karen Heacock) and my students at Jasper Place High School,
both situated in West Edmonton, Alberta.  The younger students finished a study
of the Inuit for a social studies unit.  They created pastel drawings of an
inukshuk with the northern lights behind them.  The grade 2 class hired the
high school group to animate their drawings in Flash.  Each pairing discussed
the project in a separate post using the comments feature.  The Web Design 10
students were  graded on how well they communicated and were able to make the
“client’s” vision come to life in their animation.  We felt it was a smashing
success and hope you'll enjoy browsing through the art and animations.
--
        The URL:  http://inukshuks.jasperplace.ca/

Fan Page
http://www.cafepress.com/TTLstore - The Teacher List Gear