[TheNoir] Shattered Life

  • From: Johnathon Micheals <laughingcorpse07@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Noir <thenoir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 23:21:35 -0800 (PST)

Shattered Life

by Anita Tessasohn

"Hold on to mommy, alright?" She said with a worry tone as she grasped the
little girl?s hand and her older daughter as they headed down the alley in a
hurried pace. It was dark, steam surfacing from various outlets of the
buildings that narrowed the small street. The road was damp, the air stung with
a foul stench only homeless people could muster. Or the sewers.

"Mom, this isn?t the way..."

"Hush, Lisa, this is the only way. I know what I?m dong."

"It?s dark, and I can?t see anything past the steam," the oldest one said.

"It?s okay, we?ll get there, don?t worry. It?s just a shortcut. Just hold on to
me, don?t let go."

The little girl looked up to her mom, and squeezed her tiny hand harder has she
was led by mother out of the alley. She looked like she came out of a play in
school. Hair tied back neatly, brown eyes full of innocence, and while she knew
this wasn?t a place to be, she trusted mother to get them out safely.

"Why are we taking this route anyway?" Lisa asked with an annoyed frustrated
tone.

"Because..." Mother shook her head and quickly turned back. They were following
them. Ever since they got out of the restaurant, they had been following. It
didn?t take much to notice, they clearly made themselves shown. On this planet,
having security was a luxury. And she was making the best of raising two kids.
Pulling them harder, she quickened her pace. She had hoped the steam from the
alley would act as some sort of protection. If she couldn?t see past the steam,
they certainly couldn?t.

"Mommy, I can?t keep up," the little girl said tiredly, her mother was setting
a brisk pace, and her short legs couldn?t keep up with her mother?s longer
strides.

She stopped, pulling the little girl into her arm and carrying her, "come on,
Lisa. We have to hurry."

They moved of, the little girl noticed her mom was constantly looking back. She
was worried, but there was nothing to be worried about.

Suddenly Lisa was pulled to her left, arms wrapped around her waist and the
force of the pull lost her grasp on her mother?s hand. "Mom!" Lisa shrieked.

"Let her go!" Mother screamed as her little girl was being pulled away. The
child screamed, pulling at mother?s shirt. Someone hit her, and the child
screamed as she saw her mother being hit again.

They covered her eyes and mouth as the child?s screamed was muffled, "stupid
little bitch, shut up!" Her captive shook her violently as her head spun,
making her dizzy while she felt her body being squeezed by her captive?s large
arms.

******

She woke up, vision blurry and she couldn?t help but cry. Her first thoughts
was of her mother, and her sister.

"What?s your name, little girl?" There was an amused voice in the dark. And a
few more. Two of them sounded strangled, and they cried out. Screamed. And
suddenly muffled out.

A tall, bulky alien got in front of the little girl. She found herself bound on
the chairs. Straps around her arms, legs, and forehead. She immediately tried
to get free, but the alien laughed at her.

"Silly human, you?ll only hurt yourself. Spoil yourself. What is your name?"
The alien knelt down, equally alien eyes looking at her with a sneer she knew
was bad.

"Anita," she sobbed quietly.

"Anita, hmm," the alien reached over and brushed her hair, "you?re very pretty
Anita."

A scream cut right through the dark room and her captive?s facial expression
turned into anger as he got up and a wave of violence erupted from him.

"Keep her eyes open! I want her to see..."

Anita screamed as several hands reached for her face, forcing her eyes open.

http://mail.yahoo.com