[thebigjewel] What I'm Thinking During My First Bikram Yoga Class - June 3, 2009

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 20:37:06 -0600 (MDT)

Welcome to The Big Jewel, where we snapped our spines years ago trying to
yoga ourselves into The Plow Posture. Ethel Rohan (new to these pages)
seems to be much better at this stuff than we are. Then again, based on
her harrowing yoga experiences, maybe not:

What I'm Thinking During My First Bikram Yoga Class

By Ethel Rohan

Pranayama
This is nice: standing, breathing deep. It's good to be alive.

Ardha Chandrasana with Pada Hastasana
Yes! I am a half-moon. And I can kinda touch my toes.

Utkatasana
Squatting is awkward. Squatting on my toes is awkward and weird. Squatting
on my toes with my knees together and arms outstretched just isn't
happening...