[thebigjewel] To Boldly Go...To Pluto - May 23, 2007

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 05:55:36 -0600 (MDT)

Welcome to The Big Jewel, where we agree with Gertrude Stein that a planet
is a planet is a planet. Unless it's the Planet Formerly Known As Pluto,
that is. Our Solar Affairs Correspondent Laurence Hughes, making his first
appearance here, has the full story, as told in a dramatization based on
an obscure program from way earlier in our planet's history:

To Boldly Go...To Pluto

By Laurence Hughes

Captain's Log, Stardate 2584.6: An encounter with a wormhole while
approaching the Terran solar system has thrust the Enterprise back in

CAPTAIN KIRK: Status, Mr. Spock?
MR. SPOCK: Ship is in standard earth orbit, Captain. Judging from the
condition of the ozone layer, the elevated global temperature, and the
violent conflicts in the region known as the Middle East, I would say we
had arrived in the middle part of the year 2007. However, there is
something curious.
KIRK: Yes?
SPOCK: One of our planets appears to be missing...