[thebigjewel] The Subroutine Not Taken - January 7, 2009

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 21:35:15 -0700 (MST)

Welcome to The Big Jewel, where we know how to start the New Year
right...with an inside joke written especially for computer programmers
and Robert Frost fans by Matthew Sewell in his first piece for us:

The Subroutine Not Taken

By Matthew Sewell

10 HOME

20 PRINT "Two roads diverged in a yellow wood."

30 INPUT "Which would you like to travel (L / R / BOTH)? "; A$

40 IF A$ = "BOTH" THEN 70

50 PRINT "Are you sure? Try to be more philosophical."

60 GOTO 20

70 PRINT "Sorry, you cannot travel both and be one traveler. I would think
that's obvious, actually"...

neilpasricha@xxxxxxxxx