[thebigjewel] The Regional American Surrealist Cookbook - July 16, 2008

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 07:48:35 -0600 (MDT)

Welcome to The Big Jewel, America's number one destination for people who
don't know where they're going, or why. Are we excited? Yes, we are. And
you will be too when you hear that this week's author is Phil Austin,
better known as one-fourth of the audio comedy troupe the Firesign
Theatre, and co-creator of such classic albums as "Don't Crush That Dwarf,
Hand Me The Pliers" and "How Can You Be In Two Places At Once When You're
Not Anywhere At All?" His most popular Firesign character is detective
Nick Danger, soon to be the subject of a box set from Shout! Factory. But
now he brings us:

The Regional American Surrealist Cookbook

By Phil Austin

THE NORTHEAST

This is a strange area of the country, its cuisine matching its clam
rivers and mystic flattened foods.

COOKING SHOW SOUFFLÉ

Submitted by: Martha Stewart of New York City, New York

"This is an excellent recipe. Although it requires quite a bit more time
than I'd originally bargained for."

Serves 6
Preparation time: 3 years...