[thebigjewel] The IMF Good-As-Gold Card - June 26, 2002

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:02:42 -0600 (MDT)

* Welcome to all our new subscribers and 'thanks for not unsubscribing
yet' to all our other subscribers. Below is a chunk of this week's
article, with a link to the full version. If you like what you see and
you'd like to help us out, feel free to forward this around. There's a
bright red sucker in it for you. Happy Wednesday.

The IMF Good-As-Gold Card - June 26, 2002
By Kurt Luchs

Dear Third World Dictator or Corrupt, Impotent Figurehead of a Failed

Not everyone deserves the IMF Good-As-Gold Card. It's designed especially
for nations that know how to make other people responsible for their
debts. Nations that know spending other people's money is always spending
wisely. Nations with a timely, regular record of complete nonpayment. It's
these special nations, like your own, that deserve to be pre-approved and
pay less for the card that never stops giving.

Our rate is the lowest in the known universe: a negative 6.9% APR. That's
right -- simply by acquiring our card you will start earning money,
because any outstanding loans will decrease at the rate of 6.9% a year
until Bono manages to convince everyone they should be wiped off the
books. And you can be certain that this rate will never change, regardless
of changes in the Prime Rate, the global market, or the structure of
reality itself.

Your credit line is limited only by Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle and
by your ability to add a string of zeros to the right of a "1" (if you
haven't yet mastered this essential skill of international finance, our
trained advisors will be only too glad to show you how).

For the full article please visit http://www.thebigjewel.com/imf/

Subscribe/Unsubscribe: To subscribe (we'd love to have you) or unsubscribe
(it's so sad to see you go) to this mailing list please visit