[thebigjewel] Response To A Vanity House's Solicitation - June 20, 2007

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 08:46:18 -0600 (MDT)

Welcome to The Big Jewel, where "Vanity of vanities, all is vanity" is
more than a quote from Ecclesiastes 1:2, it's a way of life. But opposites
attract, and that's why we are strangely drawn to Laura Hirneisen. Her
first appearance here is a tart rejoinder that could reduce the most
vainglorious of vanity publishers to a state of cringing humilty:

Response To A Vanity House's Solicitation

By Laura Hirneisen

Dear Ms. Rodeger,

Thank you for finding my poems in 2River View. I thought only communists,
New Yorkers, pot smokers, and middle-aged men named Horatio read poems any
more. But then I discovered your fan email brightening my inbox...