[thebigjewel] Newly Discovered Correspondence Between Adams And Jefferson - July 2, 2008

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 07:24:04 -0600 (MDT)

Welcome to The Big Jewel, where we celebrate America's birthday with the
most meaningful act we can think of: putting a cherry bomb in the
neighbor's garbage can. We also celebrate by publishing our first piece
from Murray Brozinsky, who reveals that several of our founding fathers
were farther ahead of their time than anyone knew:

Newly Discovered Correspondence Between Adams And Jefferson

By Murray Brozinsky

June 15, 1826

Mr. Thomas Jefferson
Mount Vernon
Virginia, U.S.

My Dearest Friend,

I am under no illusion that posterity will grant me my proper due. Quite
to the contrary, I believe the history books chronicling the Revolution
will be a fiction from start to finish. The hero of which will undoubtedly
be that clown Franklin. They will say Franklin accomplished this great
deed and Franklin performed some other damned act. They will write of
Franklin parting the Potomac and of General Washington springing to life
from its waters, like Pegasus, in full uniform and on horseback...

neilpasricha@xxxxxxxxx