[thebigjewel] Never Respond To A Flyer - January 18, 2006

  • From: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:44:03 -0700 (MST)

Welcome to The Big Jewel, where the voice of laughter is slightly louder
than all the other voices in your head. Speaking of unwelcome voices,
Raleigh Drennon has visualized a traumatic situation that may happen to
you if you are not careful in how you respond to notices posted on your
library's bulletin board. We publish his piece as a public service and for
the prevention of disease only:

"Never Respond To A Flyer Tacked To Public Library Bulletin Board"

By Raleigh Drennon

You have a new message, recorded today at 11:43 p.m.

Phone tag, you're it! Thanks for responding to my flyer. The name's Steve.
Are you as excited about this year's science-fiction book discussion group
as I am? You're the first and only person who called, which lends a nice
symmetry, because I'm the only member of the group. Current member. We
used to be bigger. But as with most things, I guess, it's cyclical. Much
like the Hindu concept of Time. Or a concealed pit with fire-hardened
punji stakes at the bottom. Oh wait, that's circular. At least mine is...